From the Courtroom to the Classroom: Presentations and Materials
Instructions for Judges and Attorneys
Below are some steps to help prepare yourself for the upcoming classroom visit.
- Volunteer for a visit. If you have not done so already, please use the scheduling tool to sign up for a class you want to work with.
- Get in touch with other volunteers. CRF will send a confirmation email to the teacher, judge, and the two attorneys once a team is set. The confirmation will provide contact information for each team member (judge, attorneys, and teacher).
- Arrange classroom visits. One of the attorneys is responsible for scheduling the classroom visits and relaying important information to the team. This includes verifying the school has access to a laptop, screen and projector, or bringing your own for the presentation.
- Review lessons and presentations. Please familiarize yourself with the PowerPoint presentations and "Judges/Attorneys - Preparing for Your Visit" (PDF).
- Download and print handouts. The attorney should download the presentations and the student handout, and bring copies to take to the visit.
- Enjoy working with the students during your two classroom visits. Please feel free to call us if you need anything!
- Complete program evaluation. After the second visit, complete the online evaluation to provide feedback and documentation.
For more information, please contact:
Sylvia Andresantos, (213) 316-2127 or David De La Torre, (213) 316-2121